"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it..."

_________________________________________________________________

I'm off again! This time to the Island of Hispaniola. I'll be spending the next 6 weeks studying at a university in Santiago, Dominican Republic and loving life in the Caribbean. As promised, I will do my best to keep you all updated on my adventures. I'd definitely love to hear from you all as well! (sadiemae319@gmail.com)
_________________________________________________________________

Monday, December 17, 2007

Layover in Londonnn

London was amazingly beautiful! Actually, it still is. I'm stuck here still...
I'm currently in London's airport. I wish I could say the same for my bags (they were lost somewhere between New York and here). It's been a disasterous 24 hours or so, but at this point I'm on standby for a flight that leaves tonight around 7. According to my new best friends at the airline's customer service, as of this morning they thought I had a fairly good chance to get on it - although they may have just said that because I looked like an absolute wreck. :) Don't worry, I'm not a wreck anymore. Life is good...I'm just crossing my fingers now. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully it all works out! I have a feeling it will...and if not I have a feeling it will eventually. By now, I'm kind of starting to feel at home here. So if worst comes to worse, I guess I could just live in the airport. :)
Hopefully the next time I have a chance to get on here I will be writing from Nairobi!!!! Hopefully.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEAR SADIE,

YOUR FIRST BLOG POSTING WAS A MASTERPIECE OF UNDERSTAEMENT. I EXPECTED IT TO BEGIN "I HATE LONDON!!!"

LOVE

GRAMPA

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!! Sadie we are all so PROUD of you!!!!!
Love, Aunt Julie, Uncle Tim Jane and CLyde

Dad said...

Hey Sadie---
I am glad to hear that you made it to Nairobi. I am very proud of the way that you handled a difficult situation in London. Sometimes not all trips are perfectly smooth. Looking forward to hearing more about what is going on. Have fun.
Love,
Dad